Quotes

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Christopher Robin to Pooh

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Friendship


“Friendship," said Christopher Robin, "is a very comforting thing to have.”
Christopher Robin (A.A. Milne)


I have been thinking a great deal about friendship lately.  Sometimes it is like a wisp of fluff in the air, the harder you try to grab it, the further away it flies, and sometimes it is solid, concrete, there to last a lifetime.  But why do we, as women, often treat our friends so cruelly.  We talk behind each others' back; we comment our each others' hips, thighs, or breasts, not to mention clothes, makeup, and habits.  We steal each others' boyfriends and husbands and we judge, judge, judge.  The younger we are, the meaner we are.  Thank God with age we often soften a bit, become a bit more generous, understanding, and accepting.  But what we need to learn and do is to remember we are life-sisters.  We should be supporting, encouraging, and sharing with each other.  We should be lifting each other to the highest level attainable.  We should be the shoulder to cry on, the ears to listen with, and the voice of reason.  The quote above from Christopher Robin, and by the way I have found almost everything you need to know in life you can learn from A.A. Milne, is one we should live by.  I know I love my sister (I love my brother too).  She, in fact, is my best friend.  I vow to make every effort to show love and support to all of my life-sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment